Thoroughbred Horse Racing
The first stride to the finish line begins in South Carolina.
From The Carolina Cup in Camden to private tracks around the state, the Sport of Kings is flourishing in South Carolina.
- Springdale Racecourse in Camden is owned by the state.
- At least 24 additional private training tracks are located in rural areas.
- Local trainers provide good jobs. Last year their combined annual payroll was close to $20 million.
- Our trainers are highly respected for turning out high quality horses that compete across the country.
- South Carolina is the center point of racing activity from Florida to New York.
The state’s Thoroughbred industry is valued at approximately $250 million.
The SC Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association works to create awareness of the tremendous economic impact the thoroughbred horse industry has in our state. View the impressive list of winning horses and trainers.
Support Racing in the Carolinas!
2017 RACING DATES
Block House, Tryon
Queen’s Cup, Charlotte
Aiken Fall Steeplechase
Event Photo Albums